I love to try new beauty products for my extremely sensitive and mostly dry skin. I had the opportunity to work in a cosmetics department for a few years and my passion for skincare grew from there.
While I’m always on the hunt for a good product to introduce to my skin, I have a few staples that are my go-to products. Each new season, I have to slightly alter my regimen for the changing weather, but for the most part I am completely in love with my routine. Below you’ll see my most used products right now and why I love them!
1. Nar’s Skincare Aqua Luminous Mask… I love masks and am always looking for great, hydrating, gentle masks. I am new to Nar’s Skincare but am definitely impressed thus far. My skin is easily irritated and I’ve found this mask to be an amazing solution. I do not like to leave masks on overnight so ideally I use this mask at night when we are watching a movie and can leave it on for 1-2 hours. When I rinse off I can immediately feel a difference.
2. Nar’s Optimal Brightening Concentrate… Like I mentioned, I have dry skin and struggle with my skins overall balance. Sometimes my skin appears oily and really it’s just my skin trying to overproduce oil to compensate for dryness. I found this product to really help balance my skin out! It feels amazing under make up and makes my make up last and look great all day and night long. I am extremely impressed with this concentrate!
3. Shiseido Ultimune… I originally heard of this product on Gal Meets Glam and thought I’d check it out next time I was in Nordstrom. I am so glad I did! This is another product I feel helps balance my skin. I apply only at night and feel as though I’m giving my skin vitamins. It has helped with overall tone. I’ve noticed my skin is a little brighterand smoother. In general I feel like it’s given me a little glow even during the winter months!
4. Fresh’s Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream… The consistency of this eye gel is really nice. It feels so soothing on my skin. I am a huge fan of this brand in general and this is one of their newer products I’m loving right now. I have noticed the area around my eyes is a little brighter. I don’t suffer from dark circles but definitely have a little darker tone around my eyes. This product is just thick enough for me and the consistency is great under makeup!
5. Fresh’s Sugar Lip Serum… When I first bought this product I used it only at night and really liked how hydrated my lips felt. I used it under my Sugar Lip chap stick. Now I use it under lipstick to.
6. Clarins Blue Orchid Face Oil… I am obsessed with this oil! It has literally been a life changer for me. My skin adores this oil. It is so soothing for my dryness and really makes a huge difference in how my make up stays on. It absorbs really nicely into my skin and makes a world of difference in the tone of my skin. So much less irritation and more pure hydration! If you need more of a skin detox for acne or oiliness I would use the Lotus Oil from Clarins instead.
7. Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector… I love this lip product alone or under my lipstick. It’s nice and hydrating and not sticky at all! I love this color so I use it alone mostly but its great for both!
8. EOSLipbalm… Who doesn’t love these?! I even layer it under lipstick for my lighter colors.
9. Clarisonic… Okay, so this is a tool, not necessarily a product. However, this is a major staple for me in my skincare routine. I use this about every other night if not more. I use the gentle brush heads and am constantly amazed at how much softer and brighter my skin feels. So many people have an opinion about exfoliation (which this can be a form of exfoliating), especially if they have dry skin and to that I say you have to do what works for you. For me, this is a key step in clearing off my makeup from deep down in my skin, as well as overall gentle striping away that layer of crud on my skin. I am sure to follow up with a hydrating oil (see above) and I feel like my skin benefits more from the oil after I use my Clarisonic.
10. RitualsMiracle Hand Scrub… Since I was really little I’ve dealt with my knuckles cracking ever winter. I originally got this scrub in a Glossybox and have been hooked ever since. It’s a very gentlescrub, which, lets face it, is exactly what you need when you have cracked or irritated hands. I use it about twice a week before bed and really love how smooth my hands feel afterward!